Monday, September 29, 2008

Missionary Experience

The young men/young women in our ward learned a "discussion" from the missionaries and then received a "call" signed by the Bishop telling them who their companion was and whose house they got to go to. Their call came with name tags. The families who received missionaries had to listen to their message and feed them.

Here is a picture of Zach and Jake on the way to their missionary experience. Jacob came back all excited about what a great time he had. Zach had a good time too. . . he was in a group of three.


Our missionaries were Landon Howard and James Westfall. They did a great job. I got home just as they finished the message. I was sad that I missed that, but Jay said it was really great! Landon and James both said that it was really scary to have to teach the gospel.

Hopefully our ward continues to do this - I think it's such a great experience for the youth!

2 comments:

Clinton Painter said...

I agree. This is such a great experience for the youth. Last time we did it was when I was serving in the Young Men's and I know it was such a blessing to the youth and the families they visited.

Liz said...

That is such a great idea! What a great opportunity for the youth!