Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Super Step-Dad

When I remarried, I hoped that I would find someone who would love my boys like their dad does. I never... NEVER.... wanted to hear those dreaded words, "Well, YOUR son did this...."
I think I won the jackpot with that wish!

Jay's the best step-dad in the world. His unique personality has also made these guys into men that they wouldn't have been without knowing him. Feel the love from this sweet picture! And this is the teenager that doesn't let me hug him in public anymore. :)

7 comments:

The Romig Chronicles said...

Such a sweet tribute. I am so happy that things worked out in ways you never expected them to. :) Are they watching football?

Jay said...

Not football... just talking to my brother, David about General Conference. Both activities look the same though. :)

Debbie said...

Emily that was so sweet. Jay is a great husband and father. You're boys are the wonderful young men that they are because of the both of you. You need to take some credit. I love the picture! How do you like the Leslie Sansone walk DVD's? I love them and they give me a great workout!

Jay said...

Haha - thanks, Aunt Debbie! That was nice of you to say. I haven't tried the DVDs yet. I found them on Netflix, so I can try them for free! I should get the first one on Friday.... which one do you use?

Natasha said...

Jay is awesome. Your boys are awesome. Very cool family.

David Thompson LMFT, ASAT, EMDR said...

He really couldn't be much better. What a great family you guys have!

Dee Bester said...

Aunt Diane here,
You have a wonderful family, and I am so happy for you.
I found you on David and Liz's site.
I miss you, it has been too long, and I always knew that you would be a great Mom, and Jay must be a great guy!
I plan to show Gramma Manno your site. She loves you so, and so do I.
Hugs to you all,
Aunt Diane