Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fanny & Leafy Mae

How would you like to be named Fanny... or Leafy Mae? These are honest to goodness names in my family tree. Get it? :) Mom has been working hard to extract names for temple work and she asked me to go with her on Saturday and perform some of the work.

I think we had a marvelously spiritual experience and it was fun to think about what my great-great-great-great- or so grandmother, Fanny, was like. I like the name Leafy Mae so much that I guess it's a good thing I'm not having any more children. They might not like it so much!
Thanks, Mom, for the good time on Saturday. I love you!!
(Provo Utah Temple Photo courtesy http://www.ldschurchtemples.com )

1 comment:

Liz said...

Did you know that I got to do the initiatory for Leafy Mae and the spirit was incredibly strong! I could tell that she was so grateful for her work being done. I love the name too! Those pictures must have been taken in my house when I was sick in bed....wish I could've been visiting with ya!