Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poor, poor Jay!

Jay is allergic to our town. It's sad, really. He's from LA and has never suffered through allergies before. Since moving to Nephi, he suffers every year. Severly. We decided to do something about it finally. Jay would like some relief from the suffering. I'm ready for the nature blows to end.
Here are a couple shots of the allergy testing:
they put dots on his back with letters to identify weeds, trees, mold, grasses, and animals

In this picture you can see the welts after the nurse measured them. He is allergic to ALL native grasses in Utah, some trees, and weeds. NO allergy to animals (phew, the cats are safe...) or mold (thank goodness because we'd have to move!)

It was $500 for the test and each shot is $125. Thank goodness for insurance! $30 for the test and $25 each shot. The doc says one shot every other week for 3 years. Here we go!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Yuck! Ow! Too much visual! Sorry for your suffering!

Liz said...

I got that done when I was young and was just the same. Allergic to all trees, grasses, weeds, and house dust. I don't suffer as much as I used to. It's not a fun test. Thank goodness for the shot! Hope you are feeling better Jay!

Chris said...

Jay, did the shots expand your love handle area? It really looks inflamed. Sorry to hear you are allergic to Utah. Santa Monica Beach sounds really good right now with a T&C board in hand while looking at some 10' swells.
Remember your favorite shop? http://www.zumajays.com/
The only allergies I remember from Cali are the ones that come from a lack of Slurpee consumption.
Feeling a bit nostalgic?

Jess said...

I hated the allergy test but it taught me to stay away from Russian Olive Trees. My mom says the shots really helped her.

Ben said...

OH MY HELL!

Look at his back! Are those blisters? Reminds me of a sunburn I once had. Those would for sure inflame my love handles! They stick you in all of those spots?! That's some serious acupuncture, emphasis on puncture.