Saturday, January 15, 2011



So we have had the good old Dodge Caravan for a long time. A clean 1996 Caravan we bought for $1000.00 and it lasted a few years and 240,000 miles. We sold it so we could get some money for it before it died and would result in a trip to the salvage yard and $100.00.
As I sat in bed the other night, a thought came into my mind that shocked me. We have a number of cars. VW Rabbits. Convertable Rabbits. Diesel Rabbits. Pretty much a Rabbit farm in front of the house right now. But nothing big and roomy. My parents have me drive them to the doctors offices and hospital visits often. Almost every week. My parents are tall. Six feet or so. THEY WILL NOT FIT IN A RABBIT!! Panic ensued.

You know how your parents sacrifice for you when you are young, and then when you are an adult you make sacrifices for them? Well I had to put my loved Land Cruiser up for sale so I could get something to drive my parents around in. A sad day.You can see it covered in snow here in this dreadful winter we are having.

But guess what? I had an offer to trade my FJ40 land Cruiser for an FJ60 Land Cruiser! I can fit my parents in that rig easy. AND STILL HAVE A LAND CRUISER!! Boy is it ugly. And it's an ugly gold color like my wifes' ugly Rabbit is too. Serves me right.But so what. The 4WD all works perfectly and is way more quiet down the highway than my FJ40 ever was. Way more room for snowboards and stuff in the back too.

I'm doing very poorly on my car dealing commitment.

No comments: