Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Someone please help me.


You know, I used to drive a cab in Los Angeles. I was a lifeguard. A bartender. Framed houses. Planted trees in Washington. Real macho stuff. What has my life become.

I owned fun sexy cars. A camaro. A Porsche. Convertables. I was somebody. Now look at me.

Here is my latest investment in adult testosterone. A 1996 Dodge Caravan. One thousand bucks. Lovely . Yes I actually drive it. Note the macho Bronco in the background that I actually drove recently. There is even some firewood sitting in the background, that believe it or not, I chopped with an axe myself.

Maybe if I get a massive stereo system for this van, I’ll reclaim some of my manlyness.

6 comments:

blainebassett said...

Tint the windows, Lowering Springs, and thumping stereo! Your still in the game unless you leave the car unchanged...Then your old news and should be archieved. Just shooting straigh with you!

Anonymous said...

This is a great ride for your family. I've been thinking a minivan would be great for your fam and I'm glad to see you with one! Bulletproof, my friend, no matter what it looks like.

Shem said...

"real men drive mini vans!"

Jay said...

What Jay will never tell you is that secretely he LOVES the van! We've owned it two days and he's vacuumed it twice. I don't think he's vacuumed his manly festiva once....

Chris said...

Mini van mom will be your new nickname. All the Utah Mormon moms drive them. You have truly lost your coolness and California roots. Sorry to hear it jay. I remember the many times you driving up to the house in Van Nuys with some cool convertible or fast Porsche, or even the fun little bugs. I never would have guesses you and a mini van. I guess I don't know my brother after all. So do you jam to ACDC, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath in the van or is it now Hannah Montana and The Jonas Brothers? I still love ya Bro. Here is an idea http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pimpedminivan.jpg

Natasha said...

I am seriously cracking up at this because I had such serious heartburn when we finally broke down and purchased one of these vehicles. Too funny. Oh, and not to burst your bubble, but I've never really thought of you as 'macho.'